Mango trees are cultivated in lush groves, under a mixture of tropical sun, and ample monsoon rains. The natural richness of the soil, coupled with careful horticultural management and favorable climatic conditions, contributes to a naturally sweet taste and enticing flavor.
We source mangoes from the north of Cote d’Ivoire from cooperatives near the cities of Korhogo and Senematiali. Mangoes are processed in facilities close to the source orchards and are then shipped via the port or airport of Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire’s main economic and logistics hub.
Cote d’Ivoire is one of the most prolific growers of export-quality mangoes on the African continent. Being limited in production by seasonality, mango is a sought-after premium product in both fresh and processed form. Dried mango is particularly in demand when fresh mango is no longer available. The mango variety “Kent” is a variety that is most prized by the export markets. Containing a relatively small pit and a relatively large percentage of pulp, as well as firm, yet delicate and fiber-free texture makes “Kent” ideal not only for premium export markets, but for dried mango processing as well. We start harvesting “Kent” mangoes in late April and continue harvesting and processing them until mid-Summer.
ESG Governance & Sustainability
We are a company dependent on the land’s ability to grow the raw materials we use, and we strive to act in ways that protect and enhance its ability over the long term. We understand that the constant effort to feed the world’s growing population must be balanced by equal efforts to protect the land, water and air. We are committed to the protection of human health and the environment in all areas where it conducts operations. Implementation of this commitment is a responsibility of the company’s management and of every employee.
Our key environmental and sustainability principles are as follows:
- To recognize environmental stewardship as among the highest corporate priorities and as a key determinant to responsible development; to establish programs and practices intended to ensure that operations are conducted in an environmentally sound manner and that applicable laws and regulations are followed.
- To educate, train and motivate employees to conduct their activities in an environmentally responsible manner and to communicate and reinforce accountability for environmental stewardship.
- To develop, design and operate facilities and conduct activities taking into consideration the efficient use of energy and materials, the sustained use of renewable resources, the minimization of adverse environmental impact and waste generation, and the safe and responsible management of waste.
- To work constructively toward participation in creating reasonable and cost-effective environmental laws, regulations and standards to safeguard the community, workplace and environment.
- To commit the necessary employee and management resources to support and implement these principles and to perform periodic evaluations to ensure that the environmental programs and practices established are consistent with them.